American Committee for Shaare Zedek seeking an intelligent, articulate, resourceful and detail-oriented person to fill a Development Assistant position. The Development Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director of Major Gifts in all aspects of fundraising and donor relations. The position requires a talent for problem-solving, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace, and extremely strong communication skills. In addition to strong writing and editing skills, a candidate must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. A high-level of computer skills is a non-negotiable requirement of this job.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, edit, and proofread documents, including donor acknowledgment letters, proposals, general correspondence and informational materials (including PowerPoint presentations)
- Coordinate annual dinner solicitor campaign
- Maintain tracking systems for dedicated gifts, commitments, and recognition for major donors
- Perform basic prospect and foundation research
- Prepare quarterly invoices/letters
- Provide administrative support, including filing and record keeping
- Assist with various large scale fundraising events as needed
B.A; Non-profit or volunteer experience a plus. A successful candidate must be exceedingly well-organized, personable, outgoing, persistent, discreet, and diplomatic with excellent computer, writing, and social skills. Basic knowledge of Hebrew (written and spoken) is required.
Only applications submitted by email will be reviewed. Please email your cover letter and resume here.